Photography Pricing Information
Tell me about photography pricing and session retainer fees?
Photography pricing can get confusing but we keep it simple for you. Your session retainer is one low price, then you purchase only the images and products you want.
Family, children, pets and individual (fashion/beauty/boudoir) sessions are $150. Cake Smashes and location shoots outside of the studio cost a bit more and are specified in the Info pages. You can also find specific information on Headshots, Business Portraits and Personal Branding here. Session fees do not include any products, prints or digital files, all of which may be purchased separately. Photography pricing for other services available as well, please contact me.
Session fees/retainers include:
- Your pre-session consultation, either via phone or at the studio. We schedule 30 minutes and it gives us time to plan the perfect session with you, answer questions, and brainstorm ideas together after you have had time to review your Welcome Packet.
- Your exclusive time with your photographer (Me!) set aside just for you. Most sessions are one hour in length. Occasionally the session is shorter or longer, it all depends on kids, pets, attention span, and if we get “the shots”. If I don’t feel we have a good variety for you to chose from and everyone is in good spirits we may go a little longer to be sure we get them. Plan on 90 minutes to be on the safe side.
- Your exclusive image reveal and order appointment. This is time set aside at the studio, just for you and whomever else will be selecting from your portrait collection. This is your image presentation, design and ordering appointment. All orders are placed at this time, we do not do online ordering.
- Custom editing and design of your purchased products and prints.
- Please keep in mind, due to limited sessions being available, each Session includes ONE pre-session consultation (though of course you can call anytime with questions), ONE portrait session either at the studio or on location, and ONE image reveal and order session to review your proofs and place your order.
Do you offer “packages”?
When you place your order you’ll find that instead of choosing from pre-designed packages we instead offer “Couture Collections”, custom designed by you, for you. You shouldn’t be stuck getting 20 wallets or ten 8 x 10s if that’s not what you truly want. My business is designed around you in every aspect.
How much can I expect to spend?
Most clients spend between $1500 and $3000 on their portrait purchases. Of course you can spend more or less as it suits your own needs. We have A La Carte pricing available in addition to our Couture Collections. Our photography pricing is designed to give you the very best products for the best value.
How can I display and enjoy my portraits for years to come?
Part of the service I provide is to have sourced the very best ways for you to display and enjoy these newly captured memories. We offer only the highest quality prints and products, chosen for both their beauty and their longevity. In addition to a wide variety of albums, museum quality canvases and image boxes, we offer wall portraits alone or as stunning wall collections. When you come back to view your portraits we can show you custom wall collections laid out on your very own wall. We do everything we can to make your decisions easier and to be sure you get the appropriate size for your space. Goldilocks may have started the trend but we believe getting it “just right” is no fairy tale.